Your housing needs

Homelessness prevention

Get help to prevent homelessness or support if you're a rough sleeper.

Council and social housing

You must be on the housing register to apply for council and social housing.


Get advice and support if you're about to lose your home.

Private tenants' rights

Learn about your rights and responsibilities if you rent property from a private landlord. 

Woman sitting on floor with black cat
Rent arrears help

Get support with rent arrears if you're a council tenant having difficulty paying your rent.

Sheltered housing for older people

Find out about homes specially designed or adapted for older people.